Friday, March 21, 2014

Reviews of Melissa & Doug Animal Pattern Blocks Set

Melissa & Doug Animal Pattern Blocks Set
Customer Ratings: 4.5 stars
Buy Now
This was the second pattern block set for my son. He loves pattern blocks and this was a great next step in the progression of pattern blocks. He received this when he turned two and was able to put them together quickly. This is his preferred set right now (he now has a third harder set) because of the animals and frame. Because the animal serves as a frame this is great for 2 year olds and allows them to enjoy the puzzle without getting frustrated with the blocks moving out of place like more advanced sets.

Overall, I recommend the toy, there is only one hitch.The product description clearly says "wooden" blocks. All of the pattern blocks we have are thin plastic tiles. I double checked b/c I thought I may have only read it has wooden boards, but the product description says wooden blocks, not plastic. It is still a good toy, but this isn't what I expected to get and before you buy make sure you are okay with plastic blocks.

Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>

My daughter played with this when she was 32 months. It was fun and very easy. She likes everything to match so she put the puzzles together using one color and wouldn't go for mixing the colors in the puzzle. She played it with her 5yo and 3.5 yo nephews who used different colors which I thought was a creative idea. A very creative child may even organize the colors. They all had lots of fun and played with it multiple times. I would personally recommend it for someone between 18-24mos if you want the child to have more of a challenge learning spatial arrangement. There are small pieces so it could be a choking hazard if they put it in their mouth at that young age.

Best Deals for Melissa & Doug Animal Pattern Blocks Set

Originally we received this as a gift and the giver's mom hinted that the child would really like one of his own for HIS birthday. So I went to Amazon to find one, after I could not find one in the store. It was the first gift he pulled out of the box.

The pieces are sturdy, bright and clear. It is the quality I expect from Melissa and Doug. There are enough tiles to fill any of the animal puzzles. My daughter was thrilled to discover (as intended) that different shapes could be created different ways. It has been fun for her to figure out what shapes create a diamond or parallelogram.

So that's 2 for 2. The only concern is how fast these two kids (both 5) might outgrow the product, but when that happens they each have a younger sibling or cousin to pass it to.

Honest reviews on Melissa & Doug Animal Pattern Blocks Set

This is the second pattern block set I purchased for my 20 month old daughter. She loves doing puzzles, so I thought of introducing pattern blocks to her. These are really fun to learn and imaginative play. She is learning different shapes, colors and patterns. The animals are also very adorable. The description does state the blocks are wooden, but they are plastic. They are still very durable so it does not matter. Amazon should still update the description though...

Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Melissa & Doug Animal Pattern Blocks Set

My three year old son absolutely loves the puzzles and I like the variety of the ways to put the shapes together. Even though we love it, there was one puzzle that was misprinted. It really confuses my Type-A son who can't figure out why all the shapes don't fit into one particular animal.

Buy Fom Amazon Now

No comments:

Post a Comment