Pros
1. They are very simple to put up.
2. They are worth the price.
3. They soften the classroom light very well.
4. The color difference is not noticeable once you get used to it.
5. It's easier on your eyes I noticed this leaving my classroom and squinting under the hallway lights.
6. My principal walked through my room and didn't notice.
Cons
1. They are actually a deep beige, not whisper white, which casts a yellow tone over the classroom. The yellow tone makes everything look dirty.
2. I also tried the blue shade way too blue, it looks like you are underwater even with only one light covered. Don't buy the blue.
3. Kids will certainly notice that the lights are covered by something they come folded with lots of creases, and do not go up completely flat a little billowing action no matter how tightly you stretch the fabric and adjust the magnets.
Overall, I would recommend this product and I will continue to use it but I wish it came in a lighter shade of beige or white.
Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>
I have children who all suffer from light sensitivity,( espeially flourescent lights). My special needs sons teacher bought some darker light covers, the room is mostly covered, and my sons headaches went away almost completely. My typical daughter also was getting headaches. So we thought we'd try them for her, there are only 4 white ones in her room with say 12 lights or so. Her headaches went away. Her teacher didn't tell anyone just put them up right after winter break, noone noticed except I noticed my daughters headache chart was empty. Worth a tryfor $30 if your kiddo gets eye strain or headaches. Also my daughter seems much less fatigued at the end of the day!Best Deals for Classroom Light Filters-Whisper White - Set of 4
My 7 year old has been struggling with Abdominal Migraines for the past 2 years. At the end of the school year last year, he was getting them daily (he was on preventative medicine daily). Once school ended, he didn't have a single migraine all summer long. School started back up again in September, and the first 9 days of school, he got a migraine every day. It was recommended to me by a friend that maybe the lights were bothering him. Her suggestion to me was to have him wear some sunglasses while he's in class. Sure enough, that did the trick. I bought these light covers, so my son hopefully wouldn't have to wear the sunglasses all day, every day. I was hesitant at first, because there wasn't quite enough reviews on them to convince me that they really work. I'm SO happy to say, they're WORKING!!! He hasn't had a single day that he's complained of a migraine since these have been put on all 12 of the lights in his classroom! I'm told the light (we got the "white" ones), is calming in the room. AWESOME PRODUCT!!!Honest reviews on Classroom Light Filters-Whisper White - Set of 4
Great concept but not for a professional office; it hangs too loose and looks like a homemade fix, not like a proper product.Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Classroom Light Filters-Whisper White - Set of 4
I bought a set of these "white" light filters as well as the blue ones. I work in a government office with the typical harsh fluorescent lights. Yet even though ours are high up (20 feet or so), the light still bothered me and my office mates, creating a sterile environment. I had originally wanted to get the fancy light diffusers with clouds printed on them. I was blocked by two reasons: those are incredibly expensive (this was coming out of my pocket) and the fixtures in our office are "open"; that is, they have open "louvers", not a hinged cover where I could replace the plastic with something else.My office mates and I have mixed opinions of these. The worst of the observations is that, in bulk, they reduce the amount of light rather significantly. But the reduced glare and harshness seem to more than make up for it. There's also split opinion on whether the "white" (really, off-white) or blue is better. I think it comes down to personal preference. I like them both equally.
The reason I knocked off a star is because I didn't realize when I bought them that there was no frame. That is, it's just a folded piece of nylon with six (not 4 as described) magnets sewn into the border. This made putting them up (again, up to a 20 foot ceiling) rather difficult without a ladder (didn't want to notify facilities that we were putting up non-approved light covers!). It was doable, but a challenge, especially with the side magnets constantly wanting to stick to one another. Having even a modest frame to keep the rigidity of the fabric would be preferable.
While you can notice the fold lines once installed, it's not really a problem. And the filtered light helps me focus and has reduced my eyestrain and headaches.
No comments:
Post a Comment