Here are a couple of our favorite games with descriptions:
Guess the animal by shining a flashlight in the dark:
You have three chances to guess which animal is hiding in the inky ocean waters... answers are multiple choice!
Learn about the food chains:
It starts out explaining how each animal is part of the food chain. You begin at the bottom as one species and work your way up the food chain, navigating the ocean waters and staying away from those things that might eat you, but filling your stomach with your prey. If you make it through you move on to the next species!
The sorting game:
You find the animals that "have fins", "have spots", or other differentiating characteristics by touching them with your stylus.
Other games have Emma tracing the lines to reveal a sea creature, racing to the finish line while avoiding pitfalls, and exploring different areas of the ocean while filling a virtual notebook with facts, photos, and more.
I really recommend this there is just SO much to do! Emma loves the games and as a mom I'm loving the fact that she's learning as she plays. I appreciate that it talks about the fish or sea creature featured briefly before jumping into the game, mentions facts about the ocean and creatures throughout, and that it clearly describes how to play each game (what buttons to use, etc). For the children who can't read yet, it highlights words and reads them out loud. It's been a great fit for us and valuable educationally. I hope The Magic School Bus makes more games like this I will buy them if they do!
Note: I was sent this game for review purposes. I always give my honest opinions with pros and cons on every product I review. :)
Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>
My son (age 4 1/2) enjoys this game. I was hesistant to purchase because the age states 5-8 years old, but my son seems to do well on it. He gets very excited when he completes a lesson and "earns more gas" for his gas tank, which means he can then go through the ocean to explore another part. It's engaging and has three different challenge levels (easy, medium and hard) which is nice for as they get older and grow in their skills. Hope this review his helpful!
No comments:
Post a Comment