Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>
My son is severely autistic and has a horrible time establishing relationships. He is also hendered from playing with toys appropriately, non-verbal, aggressive and very withdrawn. Most autistic children have these problems. Yet these wonderful interactive stuffed frogs are the answer and a dream toy to all mothers of autistic children. We started out with a "Lily" my mother found for my son at a garage sale when my son was 2 and a half. "Lily" became a member of the family within days. He tries to feed "Lily", walk her, talk with her and praise the Lord, He uses sign language with her and is finally able to communicate with the rest of the family. (My son will bring us one of his "Leaps" and will make the sign for "Bath" on it when he wants a bath.) He will not sleep without her and has been known to refuse to go anywhere without her. When he is frustrated and starts to become angry, he has learned to grab one of his buddies and calm himself by "comforting" his leap frog. Over the past 5 years, our family has grown to include: 5 Lily's, 3 baby brothers "Tad" and just recently "My Own Learning Leap" big brother Todd. I can not thank the people who dreamed these little friends up for my precious child.Best Deals for LeapFrog: My Own Learning Leap
My daughter (who just turned 2 two days after Christmas) received her "Froggy" as a Christmas gift. It was actually the only thing that she had asked for (She got excited whenever she saw a picture of Leap in the toy flyers that were out for the holidays and when asked who was coming on Christmas, she would respond, "Froggy!"). I knew "Froggy" was a Leap Frog toy, so I knew it would probably be of good quality and educational, but it even exceeded any expectations I had. When my daughter opened this present, she was thrilled and she and Froggy have been inseperable since. I love how he can be personalized, not only with your child's name, but also with so much other info (caregivers' names, friends, pets, where she lives, etc) and even personalized to your child's level by asking questions, such as whether your child knows her colors or is still learning them, knows the alphabet or is still learning it, etc. This toy is really wonderful and I highly recommmend it. (My only with is that my daughter had chosed a smaller and machine-washable toy to get this attached to!) Leap tells stories, asks questions, sings songs. It's a great, great toy. And I haven't even bought any of the additional cartridges that you can get, though they, too, sound fantastic.Honest reviews on LeapFrog: My Own Learning Leap
YOUR CHILD WILL ABSOLUTELY LEARN A LOT FROM THIS TOY & LOVE IT DEARLY. UNFORTUNATELY THE ON/OFF BUTTON ON THE TOYS FOOT STOPS ACTIVATING THE TOY & THE TOY BECOMES INOPPERABLE. THE FIRST ONE I PURCHASED IN JANUARY 2005; IT LASTED UNTIL FEBURARY 2005 (ABOUT A MONTH & A-HALF.) THE SECOND ONE I PURCHASED MID FEBURARY 2005 LASTED ONLY 3 WEEKS, THEN THE SAME ON/OFF BUTTON MALFUNCTION OCCURRED. THE THIRD ONE I PURCHASED MARCH 2005 IS CURRENTLY STILL WORKING. IF THE SAME PROBLEM OCCURS, I WILL NOT BUY THIS TOY A FOURTH TIME; IT IS BECOMMING TOO COSTLY.Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for LeapFrog: My Own Learning Leap
My 3 year old LOVES Leap, videos, caterpillar, leap table, stuffed animals, leap pad, etc... if it's out there we've gotten it for him. His Leap pad (a different review) was defective and after returning it twice the company happily and without hestiation replaced it (by first sending me a NEW LeapPad) this time it wasn't as easy....My son received this as a gift for his 3rd birthday and it has been in bed with him ever since I love the stories the songs, it helps him learn to share (a good feature with a new little brother in the house), and we just bought the learning to go potty cartridge (in hopes that if his friend leap goes potty he will too???). Anyway the problem is that 1st my husband made the recordings, and in a few days Leap starting ask "ask a grown-up to tell me more about you" (as if it weren't programmed) so I recorded EVERYTHING again, 2 days later AGAIN, then I called Leap frog and told them, they told me to clean the battery contacts I did, the NEXT DAY it asked again to record. So today I called Leap Frog and they told me I should ask my friend to get me a receipt and I should return it to the store. I told them I didn't want to inconvenience my friend (or tell her that her gift is broken) and they condesendingly said "well if WE exchange it it'll be 3 weeks for you to send yours to us, and then us to return a new one to you can your son be without it for that long??" How rude? Anyway I told her what they had done in the past with the Leap Pad and she put me on hold and then told me "well we don't usually do that, but since we've done it in the past we'll do it again this time, but don't expect it in the future" -
I love the toy, and I do like the company, but I was a little bummed out about the last experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment