List Price: $14.99
Sale Price: $12.83
Today's Bonus: 14% Off
This is really a project that you help your kids put together so they can get the concept of solar cooking. I put this together in about 15 mins, had to let the glue dry. It would make a good project for a kid about 8-10+ yrs old. Probably good for Cub and Boy Scouts to get an idea of alternative ways to cook other than using wood and flame. The cooker itself is too small to really use for other than boiling water. I was able to get the water hot after about 2 hours in the Sun, but it was not boiling. I would imagine it would take 4-5 hrs and a good summer sun to bring in to that temp.
However, the concept is what you are taking from this and the concept will work. You can take this model and just build another bigger one with boxes or cardboard and tin foil. If you are buying this for a cooker, it's not going to work that way. if you are buying this to see how solar could work on a small scale and you have no plans to cook with this, it may be something you are interested in. I would just google solar cooker and make a big one. I could have saved myself $13 had I done that. The cooker itself is made from paper with reflective backing.
Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>
My students order this solar cooker for a project they were doing in class. We took it out after noon and it was able to heat a hot dog pretty fast.
No comments:
Post a Comment