Monday, January 20, 2014

Three-Corner Flash Cards: Addition and Subtraction Review

Three-Corner Flash Cards: Addition and Subtraction
Customer Ratings: 5 stars
List Price: $10.99
Sale Price: $4.96
Today's Bonus: 55% Off
Buy Now

This is a great resource for teaching addition and subtraction! It not only allows for drilling of the tables up to 12, but introduces and reenforces the understanding of the inter-relationship between addition and subtraction. The student learns, for example, that 2+3 = 5, 3+2=5, and therefore 5-2=3 and 5-3=2 all it one card! In my opinion, this form of teaching is much more effective, helpful, and interesting than simply drilling each addition and subtraction problem separately. The only problem I foresee is that the cards present the answers too easily if one does not cover a corner in time. I think that it will probably best be used in conjunction with traditional flash cards and tables.

Finally, I left off one star because the cards have rough edges; it seems that they are printed on sheets and perforated and are removed from the sheets before packaging. They have perforation "bumps" all along two of the three sides. They would be nicer if they had smooth edges and perhaps were printed on smoother, shiner card-stock such as that used for most decks of regular playing cards.

All in all, and intriguing and useful product.

Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>

These cards are really neat, I hadn't seen them before but bought them for my granddaughter who is 2 years behind in school. We'll be using them a lot this summer to hopefully get her a basic idea of how math works. She's easily distracted and frustrated so these cards are nice because working in books and print gets too boring for her.

Best Deals for Three-Corner Flash Cards: Addition and Subtraction

I was introduced to number bonds while teaching math to my son using Singapore Math. He has struggled a little learning math facts and I was interested in number bonds because they seemed to actually teach the child how numbers relate to each other. Instead of learning 4 different facts (2 for addition and 2 for subraction) for 5+2 the child realizes that if they know 5+2=7 then they also know what 2+5=7 and 7-5=2 and 7-2=5. They see the numbers as parts of a whole. Subtraction is then a whole lot less painful to teach and to learn. These are not flashcards that I would just had to him and have him go through. I actually have to sit down and go through them with him. Also, I don't know about you, but I don't know a whole lot of kids that just LOVE to do flash cards. So I did not buy them for the fun factor. I bought them for the educational value, which I think is high. Also, on a side note. I have began to use these with my daughter who will be in 4th grade and she seems to have a better understanding of the relationship of the numbers to each other also. I wish I would have learnd my facts this way as a child and would have started with her this way sooner.

Honest reviews on Three-Corner Flash Cards: Addition and Subtraction

an old standby made modern! my 8 year old actually found these on line himself, and enjoys working with them. they are so user friendly that my three year old can help him test himself! we are also going to get the multiplication cards soon!

Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Three-Corner Flash Cards: Addition and Subtraction

My nephew has a terrific time using these flashcards. His teacher was the one who suggested them and we are VERY thankful=)

Buy Fom Amazon Now

No comments:

Post a Comment